6IX FACTS: DRAKE
6ix Facts Northside Authenticity 6ix Undeniable Facts About Drake
1. Drake is the only artist to release an album that went platinum in 2015. Which means all four albums Drake has released reached it’s platninum status, the only other album that was able to sell over one million copies this year is Taylor Swift’s 1989, and her album was released in 2014. Drake has been looking like the champion of 2015.
2. Drake’s pen game was questioned by Meek Mill (for ghost writing via Quentin Miller) Drake released two diss records back to back(pun intended) until he won the battle. Even a legend like Ice Cube crowned Drake champion of the battle and stated that “He is the one Winning right now.”
3. OVO Fest has grown to become one, if not the largest music festival that happens each and every year. The growth in attendance has approximately went from 16,000 in 2013 to 32,000 in 2014, to 60,000 by 2015. Toronto has Drake feeling WAAYY UP.
4. Not only is Drake winning in the music department but he has become the Toronto Raptors Ambassador. Ever since Drake has become the Ambassador the Toronto Raptors has gone to the playoffs in both 2014 and 2015, Toronto got named the team with the biggest fan base. Drake had Toronto chanting “We The North!” at every playoff game but if it was an issue we all know he’d take the fine for that. On top of the achievement of making it to the playoffs twice, Toronto has now been awarded the opportunity to host their first ever All-Star Games in 2016.
5. OVO Sound was debuted on apple radio which helps promote upcoming Canadian artist and mainstream content. It is very similar to the posts on his OVO Sound blog, teaming up with Apple was just another one of Drakes strategics buisness moves.
6. As much as Drake has accomplished professionally it never seems to slow down his love life. Drake has been caught booed up with Tennis multi-championship winner Serena Williams. The two have been a rumoured relationship before causing a mini beef between Drake and Common but once again it looks like the 6 God takes the win.
Written by Alisha Nurse for TorontoRappers.com